Adults and teens, up your reading game with the 2021 Books and Bites Reading Challenge!
Reading challenges are a great way to get out of your reading comfort zone, discover new authors and genres, and experience new points of view. We also hope you’ll have fun!
The 2021 challenge will work a little differently than the 2020 challenge. This time, you can complete as many or as few prompts as you like. The more prompts you finish, the more chances you have to win.
Complete one prompt each month for a chance to win a $25 gift card to Joseph-Beth Booksellers. At the end of the year, we’ll draw for the grand prize, a $100 gift card to Joseph-Beth Booksellers.
- A book that’s first in a series.
- A book that takes place in outer space or another world.
- A book that retells or adapts another story.
- A book of poetry or a novel-in-verse.
- A book in a genre you typically don’t read.
- A book that takes place on vacation or while traveling.
- A Western or a book that features a cowboy.
- A book told from a child’s perspective.
- A nonfiction how-to book.
- A book from a non-human perspective (animals, monsters, deities, etc).
- A comfort read.
- A book set in your home state.
This year, we’re also hoping to encourage everyone to read more diversely and to read more authors from underrepresented groups.
Earn a bonus entry into the prize drawing(s) every time you read an author who has a different identity than you. Types of identities include age, ability, race, ethnicity, sexuality, religion, gender, or socioeconomic status.
JCPL employees and their families are ineligible to win prizes.