Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 23
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. In honor of the New Year, this episode features books about fresh starts.
- Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- Super You: Release Your Inner Superhero by Emily V. Gordon
- This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live by Melody Warnick
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death by Maggie O’Farrell
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Grab a bag of Combos to munch while reading Bellweather Rhapsody, or make your own with help from the book Classic Snacks Made from Scratch by Casey Barber. Available on hoopladigital.com
- Pair Cold Comfort Farm with a cup of English breakfast tea and a piece of toasted, crusty bread slathered in apricot jam. You’ll feel as practical and cheerful as Flora Poste.
- Roast up some parsnips and sweet potatoes and dress with a caper vinaigrette from Yotam Ottolenghi’s Plenty to munch on while reading about Morrigan Crow’s last meal before being whisked away to Nevermoor.
- Mix up a Kentucky Corpse Reviver at home to get in the mood to read about Maggie O’Farrell’s near death experiences.
- Georgie and her little sister order their fair share of delivery pizzas in Landline—order one yourself and settle in with this cozy marriage romance.