For most taxpayers, the deadline to file 2022 tax returns is Tuesday, April 18, 2023. Tax season can be stressful, but AARP Foundation’s Tax-Aide program is here to help.
Find tax help at the library:
On Mondays and Wednesdays through April 12, 2023, visit JCPL to receive help with your taxes. IRS-trained and -certified volunteers are available to assist low-to-moderate income taxpayers, especially those 60 and older, prepare their tax returns and answer tax-related questions.
Volunteers are here from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on service days. Please arrive by 11:30 a.m. to receive help. No appointment is necessary.
To receive assistance, please bring:
- A copy of last year’s return
- Social Security cards and photo identification for yourself and your dependents
Also, bring all forms related to income and deductions, such as:
- Health insurance
- Unemployment compensation statements
- All 1099 forms
- Childcare information
- Receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deduction
- Any other relevant information
Call the AARP Foundation with questions: (859) 351-6599