Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 67
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we welcome our new co-host Jacqueline Cooper and discuss the seventh prompt in the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge, books that take place near the ocean. To celebrate our summer learning theme, we have an ocean of possible reads for you, including horror, cozy mystery, and fantasy. Listen to the podcast for more information about our picks!
- Michael recommends The Fisherman by John Langan
- Carrie recommends The Postscript Murders by Elly Griffiths
- Jacqueline recommends The Siren by Kiera Cass
- Pair The Fisherman with the aptly named Leviathan Baltic Porter from Harpoon Brewery. Appearing like the black ocean in a glass, it has a nose of toasted biscuits and dark fruits with a dark chocolate and earthy finish.
- Munch your way through The Postscript Murders with Spicy, Crisp Puffed Rice Nibbles, a recipe from Madhur Jaffrey’s book, Vegetarian India: A Journey through the Best of Indian Home Cooking.
- The Siren deserves a sweet treat like Lemon Layer Cake with Summer Berries, a recipe that reminds Jacqueline of picking berries, swimming, and just enjoying the sun.