The Jessamine County Public Library welcomes in-library visitors.
Masks Are Required
What to Expect When You Visit
In compliance with state guidelines, in-library service will look a bit different.
We invite you to:
- Pick out items. Aim to grab and go.
- Use the public computers for up to 3 hours per day. (See restrictions below for more info.)
- Ask quick reference and account questions.
- Copy, scan, and fax.
- Reserve the Study Room or the Davis Conference Room. (See restrictions below for more info.)
Some restrictions are in place:
Restrictions are subject to change as governmental guidelines are updated.
- 150 customers are welcome in the building at a time.
- Public computer access is limited to 1 hour, with up to 2 renewals per day (as long as other customers aren’t waiting) for a 3 hour daily limit. (Due to social distancing guidelines, JCPL has reduced the number of computer stations. The time/renewal limit provides access to as many customers as possible.)
- Select meeting rooms and equipment in the Creative Space are unavailable.
- There are no tables for studying or working. Seating is limited.
- The Study Room and the Davis Conference Room each have a capacity of three people. Masks and social distancing are required.
Staff are required to wear face masks and keep social distance.
Red Zone Protocol
- 75 visitors are welcome in the building at a time.
- Public computer access is limited to one hour with no renewals.
- Meeting room reservations will need to be rescheduled (i.e., the Study Room and Davis Conference Room are closed).
The Red Zone Protocol will be in effect for a minimum of 7 days.
Customer Service Hours
Monday – Friday:
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, reserved for seniors and those at higher risk
11:00 AM – 7:00 PM, all customers
Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, all customers
Sundays: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, all customers
In addition to the reserved hour (10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Mon. – Fri.), higher risk individuals may want to take advantage of the library’s curbside holds pickup service or the Library in a Box delivery service, both of which are also available to everyone.