Create, invent, and learn in the Jessamine County Public Library Creative Space and Recording Studio!
As always, there is never any charge to use our services or attend our programs. We also provide free PLA filament and card stock to use in the Creative Space, but users must provide the other approved consumable materials.
Also, please note that users need to bring an external device to save any digital work.
Who Can Use the Creative Space and Recording Studio?
Any JCPL cardholder who has:
- A valid JCPL Creative Space and Recording Studio Agreement on file.
- Attended the Intro to the JCPL Creative Space Class. Visit our online calendar to register for the class.
- Participated in an introductory one-on-one session with a qualified JCPL staff member.
- Received required training for the equipment they wish to use.
- The required supervision as detailed in the JCPL Creative Space and Recording Studio Policy.
What Equipment is Available?
In the Creative Space
- Carvey CNC Machine. Download the Carvey Quick Start.
- X-Carve CNC Machine. Download the X-Carve Quick Start.
- Epilog 40 Watt Mini Laser Cutter. Download the Laser Cutter Quick Start.
In addition, there are four Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printers in the computer lab. Download the 3D Printing Quick Start.
A Brother GX-6750 Daisy Wheel Electronic Typewriter is available for checkout.
In the Recording Studio
- iMac computer with GarageBand and Pro Tools
- Eleven Rack Unit
- Microphones and mic stands
- Green screen, blue screen, and white and gray photo backdrops
- Canon T4i DSLR and Canon T5i DSLR cameras
- GoPro Hero
- And more!
In the Public Computers Area
We also offer equipment for converting VHS tapes to DVDs and vinyl records to MP3s/CDs, and you can digitize your photos and documents with our scanners.
You do not need to take the Intro to the JCPL Creative Space Class to use the following equipment:
- Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VHS Recorder (for converting VHS tapes to DVDs)
- Audio Technica AT-LP60-USB Automatic Stereo Turntable System (for digitizing vinyl records)
HP Sprout Pro 3D Scanning
- Kodak Picture Saver Scanning System PS55 (photo scanning system)
- Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Sheetfed Document Scanner
- iMac computers