Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 61
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we’re kicking off the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge with debut novels.
Throughout 2022, complete ten out of twelve reading prompts for a chance to win a Kindle Paperwhite or a $100 gift card to Joseph-Beth Booksellers. Read in any order you want, and keep track with the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge form.
Can’t Stop Cursing You with art by Natsuko Uruma and story by Kensuke Koba
- Where All Light Tends to Go by David Joy
- The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams
- In the duplicitous spirit of Can’t Stop Cursing You, savor the sweet, fireside smell of Yaki Imo while you and your friends suss out the traitor in your midst. Instructions for these Fire-Roasted Sweet Potatoes can be found in The Gaijin Cookbook by Ivan Orkin and Chris Ying.
- For a tasty treat with Where All Light Tends to Go, travel to the hills of North Carolina with this slow cooker Carolina-Style BBQ recipe.
- Pair The Dictionary of Lost Words with a pot of tea and Esme’s specialty, scone-like rock cakes packed with dried fruit.