Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 70
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss the tenth prompt in the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge, read a manga! Manga are comics or graphic novels that began in Japan. Since you read them from right to left instead of left to right, they can be challenging at first. But thanks to the wide variety of subject matter, you should be able to find something you’ll enjoy.
- Michael recommends Remina by Junji Ito.
- Carrie recommends She and Her Cat by Makoto Shinkai and Tsubasa Yamaguchi.
- Carrie also seconds former Books and Bites co-host Adam’s recommendation of Dragon Goes House-hunting by Kawo Tanuki and Choco Aya.
- Jacqueline recommends Fairytail Vol. 1 by Hiro Mashima.
- A refreshing pint of Hitachino Nest White Ale nicely juxtaposes with the madness and chaos of Junji Ito’s Remina.
- Pair She and Her Cat with a big bowl of Sapporo Soup Curry from the book Japanese Soul Cooking by Tadashi Ono.
- A bowl of ramen would complement Fairytale, whose character Natsu has a hearty appetite. Try this Quick Homemade Ramen from Pinch of Yum.