Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 44
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we recommend ghost stories for the tenth prompt in the Books & Bites 2020 Reading Challenge. From spooky to spoopy, we’ve got your October reads covered.
- Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia
- Things in Jars by Jess Kidd
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker
Taproot: A Story about a Gardener and a Ghost, written and illustrated by Keezy Young
Justice League Dark Vol. 1: In the Dark by Peter Milligan
- The Siren and The Specter by Jonathan Janz
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson
- Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey
With its orange and black color-scheme and sweet and spicy flavors, the Halloween Stew from Liana Krissof’s Vegetarian for a New Generation is the perfect accompaniment to Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts.
- Take a break from hunting the spirits of Alexander House and enjoy a glass of New Holland’s Pumpkin Ale.
- Accompany the tortuous need for fulfillment in The Hellbound Heart with a tall, cold glass of Troubled Leisure. Find the recipe in Cocktail Codex.