JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
This month, our hosts branch into genres they don’t typically read to meet the fifth prompt in our Books and Bites 2021 Reading Challenge.
- Carrie recommends the first issue of DC Comics’ digital series, Represent!: It’s a Bird by Christian Cooper and Alitha Martinez.
- Carrie also recommends The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary.
- Michael sleuthed out American Predator: The Hunt for the Most Meticulous Serial Killer of the 21st Century by Maureen Callahan.
- Michael also recommends Ring Shout by P. Djeli Clark.
- Adam shares YA nonfiction, Everything You Wanted to Know about Indians but Were Afraid to Ask by Anton Treuer.
- Adam also recommends JCPL’s Story Phone. Dial up a story anytime with the JCPL Story Phone. Simply call the Story Phone line, 859-885-7234, and choose from a selection of stories to listen to. New stories are added each week.
- The next time you go birdwatching, pack an easy travel snack to keep you fortified. Jenné Claiborne, author of the cookbook Sweet Potato Soul, offers several vegan travel snacks on her website.
- Get cozy with a warm bowl of wild rice pudding from The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen by Sean Sherman and Beth Dooley.
Pair American Predator with Maudite, a beer brewed by Unibroue.