Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 71
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss the eleventh prompt in the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge, a nonfiction book about something you’re curious about. We hope we can pique your interest with books about octopuses, Sherlock Holmes, and cults!
- Carrie recommends The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery.
- Jacqueline recommends Sherlock Holmes Was Wrong: Reopening the case of the Hound of the Baskervilles by Pierre Bayard.
- Michael recommends Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism by Amanda Montell.
- Watching a cup of flowering or blooming tea steep is as relaxing as watching an octopus swim.
- Since most of Sherlock Holmes Was Wrong takes place on a windy moor, warm yourself up with the Best White Bean Soup.
- Pair Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism with a pint of Schlafly’s Pumpkin Ale, a beer that has quite the following.