Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 42
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss classic reads of all kinds—including, of course, horror and comics. It’s the eighth prompt in the Books & Bites 2020 Reading Challenge.
- Much Ado About Nothing, adapted by Richard Appignanesi and illustrated by Emma Vieceli.
- Wonderland, written and illustrated by Yugo Ishikawa
- The Auctioneer by Joan Samson
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Accompany the tart romance of Much Ado About Nothing with a fresh strawberry granita. This Italian iced dessert is made with fresh strawberries, sugar, ice, and the added options of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. The recipe can be found on AllRecipes.com
- The tiny horror story Wonderland deserves equally tiny snacks! How bout mini homemade pop tarts? These pocket-sized pastries pack a fruitful flavor with just a few ingredients. Check out this recipe and other teeny tastes in Tiny Food Party: Bite-size Recipes for Miniature Meals by Teri Lyn Fisher & Jenny Park.
- Transport yourself to Harlowe, New Hampshire, with a dish of Mountain Green Beans & Taters, a recipe from Ronni Lundy’s Victuals.
- Pull up a chair to the Blackwood family dinner table and enjoy a delicious main dish of roasted spring lamb.
- Toast The Street with a glass of Black is Beautiful beer, a collaborative brewing effort that attempts “to bring awareness to the injustices that many people of color face daily.”
- Pair So Big with the Raw Thai Citrus Crunch Salad from Anna Jones’s A Modern Way to Eat. This salad will have even cabbage haters seeing its beauty.