What We Do
JCPL’s Outreach team extends library services to people of all ages throughout Jessamine County by working with schools, care centers, and community organizations.
Some of our most common services include:
- Book lending
- Educational programs
- And fun activities!
Many of our services are available year-round. As always, there is no charge to attend our programs or use our services.
If you are an individual or organization interested in these services, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact us.
Children’s Outreach provides library services to children ages 0 through 5th grade by working with childcare centers, the local school system, and other community organizations.
A few of our services include:
- Leading storytimes
- Providing activities at after school programs
- Organizing book clubs with elementary schools
- Attending community events such as literacy nights, festivals, and career days
Teen Outreach provides library services to teens in grades 6 through 12 by working with the local school system and community organizations.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Lending books
- Leading STEAM workshops
- Teaching teens about library resources
- Recommending books
- Visiting residential facilities
- Organizing book clubs with middle and high schools
- Attending community events like college and career fairs and school open-houses
Adult Outreach works with adults and seniors to deliver library materials and programs through partnerships with a variety of organizations, from care and residential centers to educational facilities.
If you are an adult resident of Jessamine County who is unable to visit the library due to a permanent or temporary condition, you may also be eligible for Homebound Delivery.