What Can You Make in the Creative Space?
In the Creative Space, you can:
- Make your own wooden ornaments, or etch an image onto glassware using a laser cutter.
- Carve your own stool and other four-dimensional projects with a CNC router.
- 3D print your own chess set or eyeglass frames.
- Print on almost anything with our UV printer, such as a phone case or drinking tumbler.
- Quilt multiple layers and large sections of fabric with our long arm quilting machines.
- Create your own jewelry with our jewelry making tools.
Who Can Use the Creative Space?
You may use the Creative Space if you:
- Are a valid JCPL library card holder with internet privileges
- Pass the Introduction to the Creative Space class
- Have acknowledged that you have read the Creative Space and Recording Studio agreement
- Have a Fabman account for booking and accessing the equipment
- Are 18 years old or older OR have a legal guardian accompany you to required training(s) and sign the Creative Space and Recording Studio Agreement for Juveniles
Introduction to the Creative Space Class
Take the Introduction to the Creative Space class on Niche Academy.
Small Group Creative Space Classes
Once you have completed the Introduction to the Creative Space class, you may sign up for a small group training session by calling the Creative Space Help Desk at (859) 885-3523 ext. 290.
Laser Cutters (Wood, metals, plastics)
Monday, 4–5 pm
Wednesday, 6–7 pm
Thursday, 5–6 pm
Saturday, 3–4 pm
X-Carve and Carvey
Monday, 6:45–7:45 pm
Thursday, 6–7 pm
Friday, 3–4 pm
3D Printers (Ultimaker)
Prussa printers are coming soon!
Monday, 5–6 pm
Wednesday, 4–5 pm
Saturday, 2–3 pm
What Equipment Is Available in the Creative Space?
- 4 Prussa MK4 Printers (coming soon!)
- 1 Ultimaker 3D Printer
- CO2 Epilog Laser Cutter
- Fiber Epilog Laser Cutter
- Carvey CNC Router
- X-Carve CNC Router
- Mutoh Xpertjet 461UF UV Printer (coming soon!)
- Juki TL-2000Qi Quilting Machine with Q-Zone Hoop Frame (coming soon!)
- Qnique 21R Quilting Machine with a Grace 12’ Continuum II Frame (coming soon!)
- Bench jeweler’s station with a wide variety of hand tools