Books and Bites Podcast, Episode 56
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss the eighth prompt in the Books and Bites 2021 Reading Challenge, a book told from a child’s perspective.
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
The Ballad of Yaya, Book 1: Fugue by Jeanne-Marie Omont, Charlotte Girard, and Golo Zhao
- Accompany the uncomfortable juxtaposition of creativity & anxiety in “Imaginary Friend” with a dessert which satisfyingly mixes sweet, tart, and savory flavors: a plum-thyme sundae available in The Forest Feast: Simple Vegetarian Recipes from My Cabin in the Woods.
- Enjoy a refreshing Clowns Cup after a long, hot night of running from killer clowns.
- To take your bonfire from ordinary to extraordinary, check out The Campout Cookbook by Marnie Hanel and Jen Stevenson. It offers a dozen twists on hotdogs and s’mores.
- In her Guardian column Novel Recipes, Kate Young offers two recipes inspired by I Capture the Castle: Bread, Butter, and Honey and Cassandra’s Midsummer Cake. For more recipes inspired by books, check out Kate Young’s The Little Library Year, available on Hoopla.