Books and Bites Podcast, Episode 59
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss the eleventh prompt in the Books and Bites 2021 Reading Challenge, comfort reads. We share what “comfort read” means to us and offer some of our own suggestions. Be sure to submit your entries for the Books and Bites Challenge in November and December; these will be the last two chances to earn entries in our monthly and grand prize drawings for 2021.
- Haunted Nights : A Horror Writers Association Anthology edited by Ellen Datlow and Lisa Morton
- Witch Hat Atelier, by Kamome Shirahama
- Complement Early Morning Riser’s Taco Tuesdays with Tacos with Roasted Winter Vegetables and Red Cabbage Slaw. Carrie recommends using corn tortillas from Tortillería Y Taquería Ramírez in Lexington.
- Fall into a….well, fall mood by mixing an Apple Cider Mimosa before turning the chilling pages of Haunted Nights.
- Apprentice witches may break from their studies with Hunny & Rosemary Cakes, inspired by Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. These cinnamon and rosemary cakes from Kate Young’s The Little Library Cookbook are topped with fluffy cream cheese icing and drizzled with rosemary-infused honey.