Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 48
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss books set in outer space or another world. It’s the second prompt in the Books and Bites 2021 Reading Challenge.
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling
- Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey
- Redshirts by John Scalzi
- Salvation Day by Kali Wallace
Wires and Nerve v. 1, written by Marissa Meyer; illustrated by Doug Holgate
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon by Takeuchi, Naoko; translated by William Flanagan
- Land of the Lustrous by Haruko Ichikawa; translated by Alethea Nibley
- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- Take comfort in a dish of Dutch oven-cooked pot roast while you read Caitlin Starling’s anxiety-inducing The Luminous Dead. You can find the recipe in Matty Matheson’s Matty Matheson: A Cookbook.
- Pair Wires and Nerve with Homemade Moon Pies. These are delicious cookies sandwiched with marshmallow crème and dipped in chocolate.
If only the characters in The Buried Giant had a batch of Crispy Peanut Butter Treats with Chocolate Chips to fortify them on their quest! Find this recipe in Alicia Silverstone’s cookbook The Kind Diet.