Start the new year with a new Books & Bites Bingo reading challenge!
Reading challenges are a great way to set reading goals for yourself, discover new authors and genres, and have fun while doing it.
We polled the Books & Bites Facebook group to find out how many bingo cards you’d like to play this year. That’s why in 2024 we’ll bring you two Books & Bites Bingo cards instead of just one.
Play Books & Bites Bingo, Winter-Spring Edition!
Teens and adults, from now through June 30, 2024, keep track of books you read or listen to by writing the title and author in the matching square. You may use the same book more than once in squares with an asterisk. Otherwise, book titles may be used only once per card.
Complete all 25 squares for a chance to win a $100 Joseph-Beth gift card or an Amazon Kindle. You’ll also earn an enamel pin (while supplies last). During the month of June, turn in your completed card at the Ask a Librarian, Customer Service, or Teen Desks.
Download the Winter-Spring Books & Bites Bingo card (PDF, 461 KB) to get started.
Reading Prompts and Book Suggestions
We’ll discuss the following prompts on the Books & Bites podcast in the order listed:
- A book you can read in one sitting
- A romance
- Historical fiction or nonfiction about women’s history
- A book set in or about the outdoors
- A book by an AAPI (Asian American and Pacific Islander) author
- A book with a map
If you’d like book suggestions for the remaining reading prompts, we’ll link to book lists or past podcasts on our Books & Bites webpage.
You can also:
- Join the Books & Bites Facebook group
- Attend the Books & Bites Book Club
- Sign up for the Books & Bites newsletter
- Stop by our Books & Bites book display in the main library
We hope you’ll join us!