Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 46
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
Adam and Michael recommend:
- Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
Michael also recommends:
- Matty Matheson: Home Style Cookery by Matty Matheson
- Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, With Recipes by Ronni Lundy
- The World Atlas of Coffee by James Hoffmann
Adam also recommends:
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill
- The Drunken Botanist by Amy Stewart
With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Eat Joy, edited by Natalie Eve Garrett
- An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler
Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz
- Jim Gaffigan would approve of The Famous Original Genuinely Not Ray’s Sandwich Extravaganza, which is also the perfect sandwich to eat while driving.
- Another pairing for Jim Gaffigan’s Food is the L. A. Dirty Dog. The recipe can be found in Roy Choi’s L. A. Son.
- According to Claire Messud, one of the writers contributing to Eat Joy, Mrs. Hemmings’s Chocolate Brownies have helped her “through exams, loneliness, even despair.” They are just the thing for a cold pandemic night.