Books and Bites Podcast, Ep. 68
JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them.
On this episode, we discuss the eighth prompt in the Books and Bites 2022 Reading Challenge, novellas. These short novels of 200 pages or less are just the right size for reading in one sitting or trying something new. We’ve got something for everyone with cozy SciFi, a creature feature, and a dark fairy tale that both teens and adults will enjoy.
- Carrie recommends A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
- Jacqueline recommends The Lost Sisters by Holly Black
- Michael recommends Below by Laurel Hightower
- Sip a soothing cup of ginger thyme tea while reading A Psalm for the Wild-Built. Or try custom blending tea like Dex, a tea monk. Learn how with Homegrown Tea: An Illustrated Guide to Planting, Harvesting, and Blending Teas and Tisanes.
- Pair The Lost Sisters with peach sorbet, a smooth and easy treat.
- Chow down on savory pepperoni rolls while experiencing the thrills of Below.